I know, it’s morning but that didn’t sound as good in the title. I’ve spent the last week or so preparing to work in a school teaching nutrition and cooking at an after school program and balancing all that comes with that alongside my frenetic thoughts and fears around my 20th high school reunion. My head has not been a great place to inhabit this week. Lucky you, I thought I’d share some of my not so deep thoughts. Here is some of my crazy from this week. Consider this a formal brain dump. Consider yourself warned.
- All Catholic Schools smell the same.
- Bingo is serious business. (You should SEE the setup at this place!)
- People who write grants and then setup programs from said grants are the hardest working peeps in showbiz.
- I still get butterflies in my tummy when I walk into a middle school as a teacher.
- I SO don’t want to do this job full time. Ever. Again.
- Is it better to spend money on a hot new outfit or just save it for nerve soothing booze?
- There is always someone in a group of teachers who thinks they can ask questions to predict every damn possible scenario so they are prepared.
- I have exactly the same amount of patience for that as I did ten years ago. None.
- Should I meet friends for dinner before the reunion or just drink alone?
- I really miss my St. Mary’s life.
- What level of buzzed will allow me to survive the horrible awkward reunion chit-chat but not make me look like the class drunk?
- Ugh, I so thought I didn’t care about impressions but all I can think about is why haven’t I accomplished more in 20 years?
- I can’t wait to see (insert name here.)
- I hope she/he shows up.
- I hope she/he doesn’t come.
- I wish I graduated a year later.
- Dress or pants? Heels or flats?
- Why the hell does my skin look worse than it did in high school?
- Am I allergic to the dental tools? That has to be why my face is breaking out. Damn dentist.
- Why am I going to this thing? It’s making me crazy.
- Wait, I think I might already have been crazy.
P.S. Looking for more parenting guidance and tips for self-care? Check out From Chaos to Calm a guided training to help you feel better in this tough season.
Yes on the come out to drink before the reunion. With me 🙂
Ah, I like that angle Miss P.