In honor of wordless Wednesday, I will present to you my current Treadmill Mix. A warning that my musical taste is eclectic at best so there is no rhyme or reason to the genres here. I just like to groove when I run. I hope you can at least pick out one song that strikes your fancy. For me-each one keeps my feet moving long after my mind wishes they would. Here they are, along with some of my favorite lines of each.
- Forget You :either Cee Lo Green or the Glee Cast will work to get your feet moving. “Top 40 Sweetcheeks.”
- I Run For Life–Melissa Etheridge: If, like me, you need to be reminded of why. “For your sister, your mother, your wife.”
- Who Dat Girl- Flo Rida and Akon: This is when I get fixated on the reflection of my ponytail swinging in the screen in front of me-vaaain. Everyone needs a future vision to keep them going right? I use this song to think someday it will be me “strutting that thing around when everybody be breakin’ their neck like who dat girl?” Also, what’s not to love about the line, “I wanna know her mama name ‘cuz that where she get it from ain’t never shot her with silicone…”? Ha!
- Paranoid-Black Sabbath: Just try to walk to Ozzie.
- Jesus Walks-Kanye West: Try to forget it’s about dealing drugs and it’s from the album called College dropout. You might accidentally punch the air like a prize fighter. I mean, that’s what I hear anyway. “God show me the way because the devil’s trying to bring me down the only thing I pray is that my feet don’t fail me now.”
- Welcome to the Black Parade- My Chemical Romance: Father says, “when you grow up would you be the savior of the broken, the beaten and the damned? Will you defeat them, your demons and all the non-believers the plans that they have made? Because one day I’ll leave you.”
- Raise Your Glass-Pink: I could quote the whole song as my favorite part. I sing it-loud. My apologies to all of you watching The View on your treadmill screens. “Don’t be fancy, just get dancy.”
- Born to Run-Bruce Springsteen: It’s Jersey people, the won’t let you in the gym without Springsteen on your iPod.
- Dog Days are Over–Florence and the Machine: I can barely understand any of the words except “the dog days are over, the dog days are done. And happiness hit her like a truck.” So, this, my friends, is the Ritz-King family anthem for 2011. Rawr!
*Videos all courtesy of You Tube searches
P.S. Looking for more parenting guidance and tips for self-care? Check out From Chaos to Calm a guided training to help you feel better in this tough season.
I like your list! Don't talk bad about your list!!!
thanks for stopping by!
The Mom and Dad Reviews
I JUST downloaded Florence + the machine last night. It is officially my new favorite album. I've listened to it about 10 times in the past 24 hours.
Kids by MGMT is an awesome workout song!
Awesome songs! Love "…Black Parade", my husband and I were obsessed with that song for a long time! 🙂
I have old songs from the 80's and 90's and sing them loudly. Oh, and I'll play them loud in the car too. lol.
Songs I stole from you today:
I Run for Life
Dogs Days Are Over
Songs I've been rocking to at the gym:
Club Can't Handle Me – Flo Rider
The DJ Got Us Fallin In love – Usher
Love the way you lie- Emminem
Only Girl – Rhianna
Only Prettier – Miranda Lambert
Love your posts about music. I'm always looking for new music. That last song is cool. Never heard of the group or the song. Thanks!