- Grilling a darn good breast of chicken
- Taking out the garbage
- Actively parenting his three kids better than most men I know
- Making people laugh
- Story Telling (even if sometimes I want him to speed up his “art” a little and just get to the point already)
- Deciding to run a 5 miler months before, only training for a few weeks and succesfully complete it (I actually hate him for this.)
- Making me laugh until I pee
- Wicked smartness
- Convincing people he knows what he’s talking about even if he really has no idea (although he’s losing this skill with his sisters by the day)
- Giving any Armani model a run for their money when dressed in a good suit
- Working his butt off to provide for us and doing it all with a smile (mostly)
- Sorta kicking ass at above job
- Modeling for his two boys, like his father did for him, exactly what a real man is supposed to be.
- Modeling for his girl the kind of man that she deserves to spend her life with-should she choose.
Happy Birthday love. I always tell people I married on potential. I could see, even underneath that skinny, afraid exterior that there was a giant inside just waiting to be my hero. You are-every day.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” Thomas Paine
Now, quit reading this and get to work!
P.S. Looking for more parenting guidance and tips for self-care? Check out From Chaos to Calm a guided training to help you feel better in this tough season.