It’s freezing here. Like, Alaska freezing. Seriously, yesterday my kids told me they heard on the news it was colder than Juneau. They thought that was cool. I thought that was the worst thing I’d ever heard.
In this freezing weather, instead of curling up in bed as I have wished for every day, I have ventured to NYC to spent time at the Good Housekeeping Research Institute- which has my head still spinning two days later. Then I had a lovely pre-birthday dinner with friends here and I might still be laughing one day later. Also, we have kid conferences at school and I’m running a uniform sale over the last two days and there is real work to be done and there is housework to be done and all this is all to say my head is full of whirling details that make it nearly impossible to complete any one thought. So, I will write about all of these cool things next week. Today, all I can manage is a list. So, I thought I’d give you a list of some of the random crap that pops into my head in spite of or maybe because of the actual REAL things I have to worry about. No matter how full my plate is, I still have crazy that runs through the same brain that’s trying to keep track of actual events. And when it’s this cold, it is harder and harder for me to separate the crazy.
So here you go: a list of some of the
insane deep thoughts for this week.
- Will anyone see these sweat-socks if I wear them over tights, with boots…and a dress?
- Someone really needs to teach Taylor Swift what the word love actually means.
- How many days until summer?
- Someone needs to remind Taylor Swift that boys mature slower than girls and 18 isn’t a terribly mature age-no matter your industry.
- Really, how bad are UGGS for a grown woman to wear outside the house? (I told you it was cold.)
- The call letters for this local radio station are unfortunate.
- Am I too immature to raise children if I giggle at these call letters every time I hear them? Probably.
- I should apologize to kids for my immaturity.
- The Lyrics to This Song especially, “Damn, that’s a cold ass honky.” Over and over and over again.
- Would anyone notice if I just see a movie at noon today?
- I might not make it to 40 before I color my hair.
- Do you thin she colors her hair? How about her? What about her?
- What is the warmest material for socks?
- Can you wear socks with stillettos? Has anyone made that “in” yet?
- How many days until summer?
P.S. Looking for more parenting guidance and tips for self-care? Check out From Chaos to Calm a guided training to help you feel better in this tough season.
Cristie, our minds are very similar. I’m not sure if that’s good, or we both need a mental evaluation! Not that you asked for answers, but here I go:
1. No one will see the socks. I often wear ones with cute little gingerbread men on them.
2. Taylor who? Okay, just kidding.
3. 147 days, but really, who’s counting?
4. See answer to question #4.
5. I found the sexiest pair of Uggs recently. I’m not kidding. I should really instagram a photo of them.
6. Do share the call letters with us!
7. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.
9. I can’t lie. I didn’t get past 23 seconds of that video. I hope you still love me.
10. I won’t tell.
11. Um, I didn’t make it. Join the club!
12. Yes, yes, and yes. Damn I just realized I used the Oxford Comma. I hate the OC.
13. Cashmere baby!
14. I bet Katy Perry could pull that look off. Bitch.
15. 147, minus the five minutes it took me to get to question #15.
Jenni- This is the best comment ever. I love how there are OC people and OC haters. You know you’re friends with word-geeks when you can split them into groups. Call letter: wBJb. See? Immature. That video is pure silliness a guy trying to make thrift store junk hot-which I love. Oh, and please send me sexy UGG pictures. I must get some!