Remember Jack Handy’s Deep Thoughts on SNL? Sometimes I feel like Jack because stuff just pops into my brain unsolicited and then sits there a while as I go about my day. There have been a lot of thoughts this week as we settle into the new house. I have tried to make whole posts out of some of them, but quite honestly they are nothing more than just flies buzzing in my brain-ever present, but never for longer than a swift, annoying bit of time.
Here’s what I got. Share if you can relate. Please. I’m begging for some proof I’m not crazy.
- There are developmental stages no one warns you about like, the Boy Smelly Shoe stage. We’re deep in it here and man you can smell my boys’ locker-room like bedroom from across the house!
- It is slightly heartbreaking when you realize your “Little Girl’s” laundry pile has made the switch from mostly lights to mostly darks. Gone are the pastel twirly dresses, replaced by skinny jeans and lots of navy, black and grey.
- Never say never seems to be more and more relevant to my life the older I get. This week I went for a run with my daughter the dancer and auditioned for a NYC performance in a room next door to actual Broadway performers working on their show.
- As a former teacher, I fail when it comes to my liberal allowance of skipping school. Sorry, when two are on vacation, I just can’t force the third to make the trek to preschool.
- The Monday fallout from a week of having all three children home is excruciating. The smallest boy is so lonely it’s killing both of us.
- I could seriously survive on two suitcases and about sixteen packing boxes. Everything I use would fit in them.
- Nothing is better in life than good neighbors.
- Except maybe good wine.
- Or good shoes.
- No matter how simple my life gets, I love good shoes. Lots and Lots of them. Maybe more than fit in two suitcases.
That’s it. I’m sure there are more not-so-deep thoughts but my brain is too cloudy to recall them. What was buzzing through your head this week? I’d love to hear. Leave a comment below with your random Fly in the Brain thoughts.
I posted a delicious and healthy recipe over on Real Life Wellness so if you’re hankering for a little Green Scramble. Head over there.
P.S. Looking for more parenting guidance and tips for self-care? Check out From Chaos to Calm a guided training to help you feel better in this tough season.