Today’s favorite things include those that make my life easier which is the only way to narrow down a list of apps and gadgets because my life is full of both! I’ve had a smart phone since 2009. At first, it was just a fun toy. Lately though, between my iPhone and iPad, my productivity (and some entertainment) has become increasingly tied to mobile devices and the apps they contain. Here are some of my favorite mobile gadgets and apps
1. Speck’s iGuy case for iPad: I’ll admit I was hesitant to even try this thing at first, for fear of looking like Zooey Deschanel in The New Girl with her rabbit ear phone cover. But, I finally gave in for a review when my kids started using my iPad more. I was afraid they would break it when it was case-free so I figured I’d use the iGuy only when my kids were using the device. I’m about to out myself here and tell you I haven’t taken the thing off my iPad since I got it a few months ago, except when I had to travel. While it is a bit silly looking for a grown woman, it’s great as a stand when I’m working and as a bedside table-mate when I’m watching a show before going to sleep. I’m not sure how I ever lived without this little dude around my iPad. It keeps it safe from kids (who love it) and convenient for me, even if it does make me look like Zooey D.
2. Mophie Juice Pack Plus Case and Rechargeable Battery for iPhone: Seriously, I’m not sure what I would do without this thing. It’s a case for my iPhone that has a charger inside it. So, when I’m on the go and my phone dies (rather quickly these days) I just flip a switch on the case and it recharges the battery. I can usually get through a whole day taking pictures and being the social media crazy that I am on my phone with this magic case.
3.Skullcandy Fix Buds Headphones with Mic: I spend a good deal of time either talking on my phone or commuting and running listening to music. These puppies are great for both. What I love about them is not just the sound but that they are the good old “ear bud” style where they fit inside your ears. My ears are too small for any other kind of earbuds so even if they make me deaf someday, I’m sticking with them.
4. Embark Apps: I literally would be lost without Embark NJ Transit and Embark NYC Subway. Literally.
5. Showtime & Netflix Apps: I like my television in 20 hour chunks. I like it in bed. I like it on my iPad. Thankfully, these apps allow all of that. What would my life be without the Gallaghers and George Tucker? Lonely, I say. Lonely.
6. Endomondo & Ziplist: Sometimes, I have to leave my bedside television and actually do stuff. Endomondo keeps me on track with running and Ziplist is a miraculous app for grocery lists and recipes. I’m not sure how I ever shopped without it.
So there you have it-my favorite things for all my devices. What are yours? You can never have too many apps!
I was given a Speck iGuy for review. All opinions are my own.
Some of these are affiliate links but I have received no other compensation for sharing the products. I just really like them all that much.
P.S. If you are looking for parenting guidance, to heal through mind-body services or simply need someone to listen, you're in the right place. You can learn more by visiting my Counseling & Coaching site at Wonder Inc.